A hearing loop system is an Assistive Listening System (ALS) that transfers sound-from a microphone or TV-directly to your hearing device or cochlear implant, via a tiny and inexpensive telecoil (t-coil) receiver.
Put another way, a looping system uses an electromagnetic field to deliver sound directly to certain types of hearing devices.Some Benefits of Hearing Loop Systems
- Works with your existing hearing aids—no extra purchases or devices required
- Delivers customized sound specific to the requirements of your own hearing loss
- Eliminates background noise
- Reduces annoying wall bounce or echo
- Provides zero sound distortion
- Can be installed in your home, house of worship, or gathering places such as those found in libraries and at senior citizen meeting rooms
- Can be installed in public transit venues such as airports, subways, train stations, and tour buses
- Can be installed in live theatres, motion picture theatres, and performance venues
- Is more hygienic since you use your own hearing aids and not devices used previously by others
- Is easily available—no need to wait in lines to reserve a device prior to a performance or to return devices after a performance
With a looping system, it’s as if you’re standing right next to the speaker, even if you’re sitting in the back of the room. Best of all-no matter where they’re installed-you control the sound.