For over 35 years, people all over the world have connected to sound through a Baha® bone conduction system. Since then, the technology has helped change the lives of more than 100,000 people, and thanks to the latest innovations in bone conduction hearing, that number will only continue to rise.
For the first time ever, one company is now offering two solutions that offer more possibilities for a lifetime of better hearing. Instead of a single system, you now have a choice of two that go far beyond anything ever thought possible. Both are based on the most advanced digital signal processing in the world today, and both offer distinct advantages.
The Baha 4 Connect System is superior in hearing performance, while the new Baha 4 Attract System is an invisible connection to hearing. And for the first time ever, both give you a true wireless connection to TVs, cell phones, music players, all the devices everyone enjoys, through the revolutionary Baha 4 Sound Processor.
- The Baha 4 Attract System uses a magnetic connection that offers an invisible link between implant and sound processor.
- The Baha 4 Connect System uses the DermaLock™ abutment that offers a direct connection between implant and sound processor for better hearing performance.
The brilliance of bone conduction is it uses your own body to conduct sound.
There are two ways we hear sound, through air conduction and through bone conduction. They both work together to help us listen to and perceive sound. However, when we hear ourselves speak, it is actually the lower frequency caused by vibrations in the bone that help us to perceive our ‘normal’ tone of voice.
The Baha 4 Systems work on the exact same principle, only on a much more sophisticated scale. By using your body’s own natural ability to conduct sound, the Baha Systems bypass the damaged outer and middle ear, and send sound directly to your healthy inner ear through the miracle of bone conduction.
How the miracle of bone conduction hearing works.
There are three components of every Baha System. The implant, an abutment or magnetic attachment, and a sound processor.
- A sound processor picks up sound.
- The sound processor converts sound into vibrations and transfers them through the abutment or magnet to the implant.
- The implant is the foundation for the Baha 4 Systems. Using the latest surface technology (TiOblast®), it transfers the vibrations through the skull to the inner ear. If you have single-sided deafness, the implant receives the vibrations and sends them through the bone to the hearing ear, bypassing the non-hearing side.
Learn more about the types of hearing loss that can be treated with the Baha System.
Introducing the all-new Cochlear™ Hybrid® Hearing Solution.*
Don’t miss out on the sounds of life. You hear some sounds, but miss a lot. If it has been getting more difficult for you to hear conversations, especially in noisy environments, you may be suffering from high-frequency hearing loss. This type of hearing loss causes you to miss the high-frequency sounds that allow you to distinguish words and detect emotion. Without them, words merge together, making what you do hear jumbled and difficult to understand.
The Cochlear™ Nucleus® Hybrid Implant System is the first and only solution that uses hybrid hearing to help people with high-frequency hearing loss regain a more complete hearing experience. Hybrid hearing is a unique combination of proven hearing technologies that uses the hearing you have in the low-pitches while giving you access to the high-pitches you are missing, in one device. The result is improved hearing in noise and an ability to understand speech more clearly.